The registration portal is now open for the 2018 IEEE 4th Global Electromagnetic Compatibility Conference (GEMCCon) to be held in Stellenbosch from 7 to 9 November 2018. Anyone interested in attending can navigate to www.gemccon2018.emcss.org for registration and more details, and can take advantage of early bird rates and IEEE membership discounts.
The conference will cover many topics in EMC, including special sessions on radio frequency interference, time domain metrology, and EMC in large installations. A tutorial session is planned on non-standardised immunity testing and managing functional and other EMI risks. A panel session will also be held covering EMC standards and education.
The invited speakers include:
• Keith Armstrong, Cherry Clough Consultants, Stafford, United Kingdom - Techniques and measures to manage functional safety and other risks with regard to electromagnetic disturbances.
• Sarel van der Merwe, Interference Testing and Consultancy Services, Pretoria, South Africa - A brief history of EMC in South Africa.
• Ferran Silva, Universitat Politnica de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain - Time domain measurement methods in electromagnetic compatibility.
• Frank Leferink, University of Twente, Enschede, Netherlands - Risk based vs rule based electromagnetic compatibility in large installations.
• Paul van der Merwe, MESA Solutions, Stellenbosch, South Africa - Electromagnetic interference measurements on renewable energy plants.
Two workshops will be held during the conference as well: by Wurth Elektronik on Electrical Fast Transient Bursts and Surges; and EDA Technologies on Getting It Right the First Time. Separate paid EMC short courses are also planned in the week leading up to GEMCCon, with details to follow on the website soon.