Laird Performance Materials offers customised, robust protection from harmful performance-draining EMI (electromagnetic interference). Its broad range of shielding products can be tailored to any application, offering noise suppression for a range of gigahertz frequencies.
The following are just some of the product ranges available:
• Board-level, surface-mount shielding in one- and two-piece designs. One-piece shields include six sides of EMI protection. Two-piece shields give users the flexibility to inspect or repair shielded components without risking board damage.
• Fabric-over-foam gaskets are ideal for applications that require low compression force but still need high conductivity and shielding attenuation. They deliver shielding effectiveness of >100 dB across a spectrum of frequencies in a variety of shapes and thickness.
• EcoFoam flame retardant gaskets provide X-, Y- and Z-axis conductivity, enhancing the shielding effectiveness needed to meet increasing microprocessor speeds. RoHS-compliant, these gaskets include a conductive PSA tape on one side.
• Silicone-based microwave absorbing elastomers and films designed for all environmental situations while lessening cavity resonance challenges. The product line operates at various frequencies, with single-band and broadband grades from a few hundred MHz to above 100 GHz.
• Microwave absorbing foam is a lightweight, cost-effective solution addressing today’s challenges in communication infrastructure. Single- and multi-layer designs consist of tuned absorbing layers with specific dielectric gradients to obtain the best possible matching with the impedance of air.