The globalisation of the electronics industry over the last few years has seen tremendous growth in the shipments of semiconductor products worldwide, with more focus on connectivity. Access to components globally has resulted in the broad-line distributors consolidating as well as manufacturers doing mergers and acquisitions.
The end result is that amidst this flurry of consolidation, deep technical resources are scarce and customers are requiring technical support and training unparalleled by what the norm has been before. In 2014 Harmony Electronics was born to fulfil this much-needed role in the industry.
Harmony’s key strength and core competency is providing specific bespoke training services on ARM, MIPS and related development tools, together with programming service in the electronics industry in South Africa on the various products, in addition to a fully qualified training prospectus on all microcontroller products – RISC and CISC – from leading semiconductor vendors such as STMicroelectronics and Microchip.
Harmony Electronics has extensive knowledge in the semiconductor arena, with experience in a wide range of electronic industry segments including industrial, consumer, telecom, power, security and military. “We are particularly recognised for our experience, expertise and in-depth technical knowhow on microcontroller products, thus delivering professional and excellent customer experiences, as well as building mutually beneficial relationships with our customers,” says the company’s founder, Arnold Perumal.
“Our expertise on microcontroller products allows us to offer more specialised services including firmware and hardware development for ARM-based and MIPS technology.”
“Harmony Electronics Professional Education is a new educational concept provided by us. It is part of our mission to help engineers write high-quality embedded software. The education focuses on conveying best practices for producing high-quality software, to everyday embedded software development.
“Harmony Electronics has many years of experience in embedded systems development. We would like to share our knowledge to help you – the professional embedded software development engineer – perform your everyday work more efficiently and with less effort. This is the driving factor behind Harmony Electronics.”
The company strongly believes in learning by doing, so all courses thus have a significant amount of practical training exercises. A solid theoretical foundation is always included, as well as comprehensive course material for future reference.
All Harmony Electronics’ courses are hands-on workshops with students being capable of performing production design immediately after the training.
• Well over 200 trained customers to date, including military, consumer, industrial and small private businesses.
• Some of these customers include South African Airways, Denel, Hensoldt Optronics, Ellies, Durban University of Technology, University of Zululand, SAAB, Eskom, amongst many others.
• Customers who have undergone training are successfully implementing our training information in volume products.
• Tailor-made courses are developed to suit customers’ needs.
• For the last seven years we have been conducting tailor-made ARM and MIPS courses meticulously designed for the South African market.
• Courses have been endorsed by semiconductor manufacturers and have been tailor-made to assist customers to develop and design their products with the respective vendor.
• We have over 15 courses for embedded development.
• Authorised distributor of Keil Arm, and accredited ARM trainer.
• 2016-2018 authorised distributor and accredited trainer of Atollic Arm, (STMicroelectronics acquired Atollic).
• 2016-2018 authorised distributor and accredited trainer of Draupner Graphics’ TouchGFX solutions (STMicroelectronics acquired TouchGFX).
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved