Fluke intriduces 5820 oscilloscope calibrator
16 Feb 2000, Test & Measurement
Spescom MeasureGraph (SMG) has introduced an oscilloscope calibrator that expands workload coverage to support the calibration requirements of oscilloscopes with bandwidths up to 2,1 GHz.
The Fluke 5820A replaces the popular 5800A, an oscilloscope calibrator designed to verify the performance of digital and analog oscilloscopes up to 600 MHz. In addition to the 2,1 GHz option, the 5820A can be equipped with a five-channel output option that facilitates hands-free automated calibration of multichannel oscilloscopes. Other improvements and features built-in to the new 5820A include:
* 600 MHz levelled sine/ 300 ps edge is standard with the option to extend performance to 2,1 GHz levelled sine/150 ps edge.
* Front panel current loop for calibrating current probes.
* DC voltage measurement to calibrate reference signals.
* Variable pulse width, 1 to 500 ns with 250 ps resolution to perform complex trigger tests like glitch/violation, runt and set-up and hold.
* Skew between channels -10 to +30 ns to check trigger set-up and hold times.
* ±0,33 ppm frequency accuracy standard to cover counter functions and provide better test margins.
* New MET/CAL procedures for Hewlett-Packard's Infinium line of oscilloscopes, as well as the 2 GHz Tektronix TDS 794D. Plus, the dozens of procedures written for the 5800A will run without revisions.
The question is: Why 2,1 GHz?
According to Spescom's Fluke product specialist Morné Maree, it is a matter of providing customers with choices in how they balance workload demands and cost. "Most oscilloscopes - more than 90% according to our data - can be fully calibrated by the standard 5820A. So why build in the performance if it is not needed? The workload is changing. Manufacturers are developing new models of faster oscilloscopes and for many calibration operations they will soon become a bigger part of the day-to-day workload. The 5820A gives users the choice to purchase the required performance up-front or add it later as the workload dictates, keeping costs down while protecting the customer's investment in hardware and procedures."
The 2,1 GHz bandwidth extension may also be fitted to existing 5800A calibrators now in use.
|| Via email client
- DIN-rail programmable transmitter
23 October 2019, Instrotech, Test & Measurement
Calog Instrument’s versatile DPM9000 series – a miniature DIN-rail mount programmable isolated transmitter range – boasts high reliability and a versatile, wide range of programmable inputs. With dimensions ...
- Hands-on learning module
23 October 2019, Altron Arrow, Test & Measurement
The ADALM2000 (M2K) active learning module is an affordable, USB-powered, software-defined instrument that exceeds the capabilities of its predecessor ADALM1000 (M1K).
With 12-bit ADCs (analog-to-digital ...
- Digital multimeter with thermal imager
23 October 2019, RS Components (SA), Test & Measurement
A digital multimeter (DMM) with a built-in thermal imager has been added to RS Components’ RS PRO product range. The RS-9889 allows engineers to identify thermal overload issues in electrical equipment ...
- Project-based learning for the modern engineer
23 October 2019, Test & Measurement
Projects that inherently challenge students to use innovative design thinking often involve interacting with an unknown process or device. Students are encouraged to understand the unknown through theory, ...
- Automotive Ethernet testing software
25 September 2019, Comtest, Test & Measurement
Tektronix has released two new software packages that greatly simplify Automotive Ethernet testing, debug and protocol decode for use with its 5 and 6 Series mixed-signal oscilloscopes (MSO).
- 4-channel PC-based oscilloscope
28 August 2019, Vepac Electronics, Test & Measurement
The newly developed Model 1330 from Peaktech is a 4-channel PC oscilloscope with 100 MHz bandwidth and 1 GSps sample rate, which is suitable for mobile use on a laptop, and permanent installation in control ...
- Handheld PoE tester
26 June 2019, Coral-i Solutions , Test & Measurement
Ideal Networks has launched a new handheld tester that eliminates guesswork when installing, maintaining and troubleshooting PoE devices and data cabling. PoE Pro measures and reports PoE class, voltage/voltage ...
- Debugging probe for STM32 MCUs
31 July 2019, Altron Arrow, Test & Measurement
The STLINK-V3MINI probe, new from STMicroelectronics, combines the features of the STLINK-V3SET with standalone simplicity for faster programming and ease of use.
The compact, portable probe can be ...
- Digitiser for advanced applications
31 July 2019, Comtest, Test & Measurement
Tektronix, Inc. has unveiled the 6 Series low-profile digitiser, a 4-channel instrument offering up to 8 GHz bandwidth, 25 GSps sampling rate and a 12-bit ADC (analog-to-digital converter) on every channel, ...
- Cost-effective tools for makers and small businesses to innovate
31 July 2019, TRX Electronics, Test & Measurement
In addition to professional engineers, makers and hobbyists are now able to contribute significantly to innovation in our modern world – as they can develop ideas with passion and without the financial and logistical constraints that often stifle ideas in large corporations.
- Sniffer software gets J-Link RTT terminal plugin
31 July 2019, RF Design, Test & Measurement
Despite being fans of the Real-Time Trace (RTT) feature in Segger’s J-Link debug probes, engineers at Tibbo found that Segger’s own RTT Viewer software was a bit too simple for their needs, and so created ...
- EXFO launches new category of fibre testing solutions
26 June 2019, Lambda Test, Test & Measurement
EXFO has launched what it describes as the first optical fibre multimeter (OFM).
Called Optical Xplorer, it aims to make fibre testing simple for all frontline technicians, whether beginner or expert, ...