In the build-up to this year’s IMS Microwave Week in June, Samtec’s Danny Boesing shared some of the new and upcoming products from the company’s stable of precision RF and millimetre-wave products. (Note: Although originally slated for June, this year’s IMS took place as a virtual event in August and September).
These high-frequency, precision RF, 50 Ω SMPM connectors are available with the following features:
• Push-on latching (instead of threaded), which is easier for blind-mate/small space applications.
• 30% smaller than their SMP counterparts.
• Bullet adaptors available for board-to-board applications.
• Performance to 65 GHz.
• Available as board connectors, cable connector (PRFM0), or on cable assemblies using .047, .086 or Samtec-optimised low-loss cables (RF047-A, RF086, RF23C).
Samtec’s new high-frequency cables are paired with its new microwave/millimetre wave, precision RF interconnects. High-frequency cables include:
• RF23C: Low-loss flexible cable, available with threaded 2,92 mm (40 GHz) or 2,40 mm (50 GHz) connectors. It will also be available soon with an SMPM push-on connector.
• RF047-A: This is .047 low-loss flexible cable with 1,85 mm (65 GHz), 2,40 mm (50 GHz), 2,92 mm (40 GHz) threaded connectors. It is also available with an SMPM push-on connector.
• RF086: This is .086 low-loss flexible cable with 1,85 mm (65 GHz), 2,40 mm (50 GHz), 2,92 mm (40 GHz) threaded connectors. It is also available with an SMPM push-on connector.
• RF120 (2,40 mm, 2,92 mm connectors), RF180 (2,92 mm, SMA, TNCA, N Type), RF280 (SMA, TNCA, N Type) will all be released later this year.
• This is in addition to Samtec’s RF405, RF402, RF23S, RF25S high-frequency assemblies.
Bulls Eye high-performance test
Bulls Eye is ideal for high-performance test applications because of its compression interface, small footprint and high cycle count. Specifically, the connector grid design and smaller footprint enable smaller evaluation boards and shorter trace lengths. This high-density design significantly saves PCB space compared to traditional test points.
The BE40A was recently released with a 2,40 mm connector, which enables 50 GHz performance, while the new BE70A is rated to 70 GHz.
Hybrid device connectors with knurled nut 25 November 2020, Phoenix Contact
M23 Hybrid series device connectors from Phoenix Contact are now also available with a knurled nut. This enables devices such as servo drives to be connected using either coupler or cable connectors. ...
Read more...Flexible 50 GHz and 67 GHz cable assemblies 25 November 2020, RFiber Solutions
The W2 Series is a complete line of high-performance, flexible microwave cable assemblies from Withwave. Specially, the W205 Series has a low-density PTFE structure to achieve velocity propagation of ...
Read more...Low board-to-board RF coax connectors 25 November 2020, Hiconnex
The IMP-LP product range is Radiall’s lowest board-to-board distance solution with optimised RF performance. This small form factor system features a pressure contact design to provide a quick and reliable ...
Read more...Ultra-flexible Ku/Ka-band cable 28 October 2020, Hiconnex
As a leader in civil aircraft interconnection and RF cables, Radiall introduces a new cable in response to ARINC 791 and ARINC 792 requirements. This new ultra-flexible cable is ideally suited for Ku/Ka-band ...
Read more...What makes good connector design? 25 November 2020, IPD Electronics
, Editor's Choice, Interconnection
It’s important to remember that your connector may have physical design constraints like a minimum wire gauge or number of contacts, so it’s vital to consult with your connector supplier early in the process.
Read more...Durable connectors for harsh conditions 25 November 2020, TRX Electronics
When the going gets tough, you need rugged, reliable and ready connections to see the job done right and through to completion. From industrial and heavy equipment to defence applications, only the best ...
Read more...Magnetic jack connectors and their benefits 25 November 2020, Vepac Electronics
EDAC’s product offering includes the edacJAX range of magnetic and modular jacks, offering many features and benefits. These connectors are used in data, telecom, networking and home entertainment markets ...
Read more...Battle-tested power and data hubs 25 November 2020, Hiconnex
Ruggedised soldier-worn electronics have revolutionised mission effectiveness, but the ongoing evolution of Digitally Aided Close Air Support (DACAS) missions, including precision targeting, ground and ...