Nvidia has rolled out version 4.6 of its JetPack SDK, a production release supporting the Jetson AGX Xavier series, Jetson Xavier NX, Jetson TX2, Jetson TX1 and Jetson Nano.
JetPack 4.6 includes support for Triton Inference Server, new versions of CUDA, cuDNN and TensorRT, VPI 1.1 with support for new computer vision algorithms and Python bindings, L4T 32.6.1 with over-the-air (OTA) update features, security features and a new flashing tool to flash internal or external media connected to Jetson.
In addition to the L4T-base container image (a Linux-based software distribution for the Jetson embedded computing platform), new CUDA runtime and TensorRT runtime container images are released on Nvidia NGC, which include CUDA and TensorRT runtime components inside the container itself, as opposed to mounting those components from the host. These containers are built to containerise AI applications for deployment. The L4T-base container continues to support existing containerised applications that expect it to mount CUDA and TensorRT components from the host.
Highlights of JetPack 4.6 are:
• Support for Jetson AGX Xavier Industrial module.
• Support for new 20 W mode on Jetson Xavier NX, enabling better video encode and video decode performance and higher memory bandwidth. The included 10 W and 15 W nvpmodel configurations will perform exactly as did the 10 W and 20 W modes with previous JetPack releases.
• Image based over-the-air update tools for developing end-to-end OTA solutions for Jetson products in the field.
• A/B root file system redundancy to flash, maintain and update redundant root file systems. Enhances fault tolerance during OTA by falling back to the working root file system slot in case of a failure.
• A new flashing tool to flash internal or external media connected to Jetson. The new tool uses initial RAM disk for flashing and is up to 1,5 times faster when flashing compared to the previous method.
• Secure boot is enhanced for Jetson TX2 series to extend encryption support to kernel, kernel-dtb and initrd.
• Disk encryption of external media supported to protect data at rest for Jetson AGX Xavier series, Jetson Xavier NX and Jetson TX2.
• NVMe driver added to CBoot for Jetson Xavier NX and Jetson AGX Xavier series. Enables loading kernel, kernel-dtb and initrd from the root file system on NVMe.
• Enhanced Jetson-IO tools to configure the camera header interface and dynamically add support for a camera using device tree overlays.
• Support for configuring Raspberry-PI IMX219 or Raspberry-PI High Def IMX477 at runtime using the Jetson-IO tool on Jetson Nano 2 GB, Jetson Nano and Jetson Xavier NX developer kits.
• Support for Scalable Video Coding (SVC) H.264 encoding.
• Support for YUV444 encoding and decoding.
• Direct-downloadable links to JetPack and L4T debian packages for Jetson.
A UI to build better UIs 25 August 2021, Altron Arrow
, Design Automation
TouchGFX Designer 4.17 has become available for download, the latest version of STMicroelectronics’ user interface (UI) design software featuring a user interface overhaul to make the application more ...
Read more...MCUs for secure and connected automotive gateways 25 August 2021, Altron Arrow
, DSP, Micros & Memory
The SPC58 Chorus H Line is part of STMicroelectronics’ portfolio of general-purpose automotive power architecture microcontrollers (MCUs). It is designed for high-end body, networking and security applications ...
Read more...Automotive/industrial isolated buck converters 25 August 2021, Altron Arrow
, Power Electronics / Power Management
Optimised for isolated buck regulator designs, the STMicroelectronics A6986I and L6986I DC/DC converter ICs have a wide input voltage range and low quiescent current to ensure robust and energy-efficient ...
Read more...Video processing board with target tracking software 25 August 2021, Rugged Interconnect Technologies
, Computer/Embedded Technology
Vision4ce recently unveiled the Charm 100NX video processing board built upon Nvidia’s Jetson Xavier NX, hailed as the world’s smallest AI supercomputer. The Xavier NX provides more than three times the ...
Read more...Sensor selection guide 25 August 2021, Altron Arrow
, Technical Literature
Infineon Technologies’ ‘XENSIV – sensing the world’ selection guide lets readers explore the company’s portfolio of sensing technologies, complemented by application solutions, smallest 2GO kits, simulation ...
Read more...The LPWAN state of play in SA 25 August 2021, RF Design, Technews Publishing, Altron Arrow, Otto Wireless Solutions
, Editor's Choice, Telecoms, Datacoms, Wireless, IoT
To help give our readers the low-down on what to be aware of and what to expect for the future, we consulted a few leading minds on the subject to get some of their insights and opinions.