Magnetic amplifiers, also known as mag-amps, are devices that use magnetic cores to amplify electrical signals. Due to their unique magnetic properties, nanocrystalline cores are often used in these amplifiers. These properties include:
• High permeability: having a high permeability effectively allows the cores to respond rapidly to changes in the magnetic field, which is crucial for achieving effective signal amplification.
• Low coercivity: the low coercivity of nanocrystalline cores means the cores can be magnetised and demagnetised with relatively low levels of magnetic field, which is beneficial for maintaining efficient signal processing.
• Low core loss: low losses in the core are essential for achieving high efficiency in mag-amps.
• Nanocrystalline cores provide a wider operating temperature range.
• High impedance: nanocrystalline cores offer a significantly higher impedance at high frequencies.
These properties make Magnetics’ nanocrystalline a popular material for magnetic amplifiers, for various industries like power electronics and telecommunications.
Long-range passive infrared motion sensor Future Electronics
Panasonic Industry (PaPIRs) recently introduced he world’s most compact long-range passive infrared motion sensor, for installation heights of up to 15 metres.
Read more...Isolated solid state relay Altron Arrow
The ISO808, ISO808-1 (PowerSO-36) and ISO808Q, ISO808Q-1 (TFQFPN32) are galvanic isolated eight-channel drivers featuring a low supply current.
Read more...Low-profile power inductors RS South Africa
TDK Corporation has announced the introduction of its new PLEA85 series of high-efficiency power inductors developed for battery-powered wearables and other devices.
Read more...Sealed tantalum capacitors Electrocomp
With an operating temperature range of -55 to 125°C, with voltage derating, these capacitors have been designed especially for avionics and aerospace applications.
Read more...SMD coupled inductors Electrocomp
TDK Corporation has expanded its family of flat wire inductors with the high-performance EPCOS ERUC23 coupled inductor series.
Read more...Polymer hybrid capacitors Avnet Abacus
ZUU series components feature the highest ripple current handling capability of 6,1 ARMS maximum, which is a 60% increase over the previous series at both 125 and 135°C.