Since its founding in 1961, Rittal, based in Herborn, Germany, has developed into a global player. Today, the company is one of the world's leading system suppliers for enclosure and housing technology, with over 8000 standard products available for immediate delivery, and a leading provider in all areas of industry and for the IT/telecoms market.
The Rittal product spectrum covers the following fields:
* Industrial enclosures are offered in a wide range of sizes. The application-orientated choice of materials, the tailoring to specific application areas, the modular range of system accessories and compatibility with other Rittal lines offers its customers a competitive lead from a single source. Includes solutions from small boxes, compact enclosures through to large enclosures, console systems, command panel systems and complete industrial workstations.
* Electronic packaging: Here, Rittal offers 'complete know-how'. From variable subrack systems to a variety of enclosure solutions, operating and monitoring solutions, backplanes, power supplies and climate control components, through to complete microcomputer systems for VMEbus, CompactPCI, ATCA and ATX, it can provide solutions that are fully assembled, ready-wired and tested.
* System climate control is needed to correct ambient conditions for every application, particularly for sensitive electronics. A broad selection of cooling units, re-cooling systems, heat exchangers, fan-and filter units and enclosure heaters are available to protect against adverse physical and thermal influences. This is supplemented by versatile accessories. With a full advisory service and the 'Rittal Therm' PC software, the company will assist customers to select the correct climate control unit to suit precise requirements.
* Power distribution systems are becoming even more powerful. For this reason, users demand the security of internationally-recognised and approved power distribution components. Rittal provides the switchgear designers with innovative systems fully in line with regulations. Type testing on short-circuit resistance, which is performed in accredited laboratories, provides a notable testimony to the suitability of Rittal busbar systems.
* IT solutions: With emerging technologies, network technology places ever-increasing demands on the infrastructure and hence on component system suppliers. For years, Rittal has been a leader with consistent orientation towards customer requirements, translated into development, design, production and distribution. Whether a small corridor distributor for a fibre-optic network is required, or a combined distribution and component enclosure, Rittal will find an optimal and practical solution.
* Communication systems: Rittal's expertise in the fields of enclosure technology, climate control, security management and systems integration is combined to create standard solutions and customised outdoor systems. For the specific requirements of mobile communications, IT technology, environmental technology and power distribution are implemented on a project-specific basis. High quality materials such as aluminium, aluminium-zinc plate and stainless steel combine corrosion-resistance and protection from vandalism with UV stability and a high level of RF attenuation.
Single source solutions
Rittals' objective is to provide a complete solution from a single source. It is a holder of over 2000 patents and 300 registered designs, and as such is a global trendsetter in modern technology packaging. The company works in close cooperation with market leaders like Eplan (a European leader in software solutions for general engineering, plant construction and industry), Lampertz (a prominent supplier in the field of data and system security), and Litcos (a provider of innovative security concepts for data systems).
In order to offer better service to all South African clients, Rittal, based in Johannesburg, has also opened offices in Cape Town and Port Elizabeth. The company is focusing strongly on the technological side and is offering regular seminars that address the benefits of its products. It has already hosted two successful customer days, where the product range was described and where clients could view various products. The next customer day will be held soon.
Catalogue and launch
In order to enable customers - independently of industry and application - to develop their own special system solution, the new Rittal Catalogue 31 has been published. Designated 'Triple C' (complete, compact, comfortable) it combines several information platforms: the Catalogue with 1200 pages, the compact CD-Rom, and the continuously-updated Rittal Internet pages.
The official launch will be held on Thursday 23 June 2005 at the company's premises in Edenvale. Readers are invited to register to attend.
For more information contact Melanie Jackwerth, Rittal, +27 (0)11 609 8294, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Tel:||+27 11 609 8294|
|Fax:||+27 11 452 5816|
|Articles:||More information and articles about Rittal|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved