ASIC Design Services, founded in 1989 as a design house for application specific integrated circuits (ASICs), is today a leading distributor of complex electronic components and electronic design automation (EDA) software in South Africa.
The company is primarily focused on the programmable logic market, where it represents Actel renowned for its Flash-based field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), and Mentor Graphics, a market leader for programmable logic simulation and associated software solutions. ASIC Design Services supports its distribution business by offering design, training and technical support services. By leveraging its technical know-how and design expertise, the company serves as a solutions partner to its customers, rather than being limited to the sales fulfilment role of the classical distributor.
The company has particular specialised expertise in the following areas:
* Telecoms: E1 framers implemented on Actel FPGAs and integrated with Exar line interface units and Halo transformers.
* Data security: efficient encryption cores (eg, AESlite) and DES, triple DES and AES cores available from Actel. Designs are implemented on Actel's 'design secure' FPGAs.
* DSP: the company implements DSP algorithms in hardware and offers a digital down-converter ASSP.
* Datacoms: custom solutions for a variety of bus protocols including I2C, 1553B and PCI.
* PCB design: using Mentor Graphics' PADS and Expedition PCB products.
Read more...Elmatica’s SA seminars on PCB design a success 29 May 2020, Elmatica
, News During March, just weeks before COVID-19 resulted in South Africa going into lockdown, Elmatica held several seminars in the country, to get closer to and educate the local industry on printed circuit ...
Read more...Vepac launches new website 29 May 2020, Vepac Electronics
Vepac Electronics has recently launched its new and optimised website to enable its customers to navigate effortlessly, with a host of new products and related datasheets. Visitors to the site are also ...
Read more...Comtest trading for 15 years 29 May 2020, Comtest
Comtest, one of South Africa’s leading providers of test, measurement and communications equipment, is proud to mark its 15-year trading milestone in 2020. CEO Barend Niemand says, “Comtest has representation ...
Read more...Locked down but not knocked out 25 March 2020, ExecuKit
As a business, we are facing extremely hard times with the current worldwide pandemic and isolation. We are all maintaining social distancing and must learn how to do business with an enforced lockdown ...